Love makes us foolishly optimistic. -Wale Folarin

Some Shit I Believe

Some Shit I Believe
no evil here. just truth.

3.10.2009

The Miseducation of Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyOhUXsGqak

i still love Lauryn Hill, as if i ever stopped.

"You love me despite myself/Sometimes I, I fight myself/I just can't believe that you would have anything to do with someone so insecure, someone so immature/Oh you inspire me to be the higher me."

i gotta find peace of mind and i guess i've been looking in all the wrong places.

i've been completely miseducated, i blame school.
all these years of schooling, and now paying out the ass for non sense.

teach me something i can use...tell me the secret of love, that there aren't any secrets.
i want to breathe and know that someone, somewhere inhaled as i exhaled, because i exhaled.

be my better half. strength is only evident because weakness ever existed.
i've had weakness. "tell him i love him, tell him i need him." i've told him several times. he has to bear with me. if he can't...? well, i'm not sure.

"i may have faith to make mountains fall/ but if i lack love/ then i am nothing at all."

miseducation is definite.

and in my life, spirituality as over taken religion:

but that's another story for another day, and i'm sure it's a completely different Lauryn Hill song, "adam lives in theory" floats to mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Following Me and Shit